As the world of automotive is increasingly advancing, the need for a versatile metal that meets industry demands has never been more crucial. Enter flat-rolled carbon steel, an ever evolving material revolutionizing vehicle manufacturing. Curious to learn why this remarkable material is such a key element in automotive manufacturing? Read more to find out!
What Are the Advantages of Flat-Rolled Carbon Steel for Automotive?
- Flat-rolled carbon steel is strong and durable, making it ideal for parts that need to withstand stress, such as body panels, bumpers, and chassis components.
- Flat-rolled carbon steel is light, which helps to improve fuel efficiency and reduce emissions.
- It is a cost-effective material for automotive manufacturers.
- It can be manufactured in various thickness and grades and can be easily formed into various complex shapes, making it suitable for various automotive applications.
- It is a good choice for applications where multiple parts must be welded together.
How Is Flat-Rolled Carbon Steel Used In Automotive Applications?
- Body panels: Automotive engineers use flat-rolled carbon steel to make the outer body panels of cars, trucks, and other vehicles. They also use it to make the inner body panels, such as the firewall and the floor plan.
- Engine components: Automotive engineers use flat-rolled carbon steel to make various engine components, such as the cylinder block, the head, and the crankshaft.
- Suspension components: Flat-rolled carbon steel is also used to make the suspension components such as the springs, the struts, and the control arms.
- Safety components: Safety components, such as the door beams, the roof rails, and the bumper beams are made from flat-rolled carbon steel as well.
The Future of Flat-Rolled Carbon Steel in The Automotive Industry
In the future, we can expect to see a rise in the utilization of flat-rolled carbon steel due to its potential to develop innovative lightweight materials, which will contribute to enhancing fuel efficiency. Additionally, this advancement will lead to the creation of improved safety features like crumple zones that aim to protect passengers during collisions.
Kenwal Steel Corporation is a leading provider of flat-rolled carbon steel products and services to the automotive, electronics, appliance, tubing, and other steel-related industries throughout the United States. The company offers a wide range of products, including hot rolled, cold rolled, galvanized, galvannealed, and aluminized steel in low carbon, high carbon, HSLA, AHSS and UHSS grades.
“Our customer base is coast-to-coast, covering the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. Our suppliers are in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, as well as overseas.” says John DuBrock, VP of Operations at Kenwal, “our market focus covers items from rail cars to hospital beds; however our primary focus is automotive, while also having a large presence in appliance and agriculture (3As).”
We are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality flat-rolled carbon steel and services. Call us at (313) 739-1000 or contact us via our website to learn more about how we can help you with your automotive steel needs.
More About Kenwal Steel Corporation:
Kenwal Steel was founded in 1947 by Sol Eisenberg, who believed that “Quality has no ceiling.” This belief still guides the company today, and Kenwal is known for its commitment to providing the highest quality flat-rolled steel to its customers.
Over the past 70 years, Kenwal has grown from a small family-owned business to a leading steel supplier to the automotive, appliance, and electronics industries. The company has a team of industry-leading metallurgists, engineers, operations innovators, supply chain experts, and highly skilled steel processors. This team’s dedication to perfecting steel supply chains has earned Kenwal a reputation as a reliable and trustworthy partner.
Kenwal is proud of its long history of providing high-quality steel products to its customers. The company is committed to continuing this tradition of excellence for many years.
Follow Us On Social Media: