In-line tension leveling and surface inspection for the highest quality pickled & oiled steel
Pickled Steel – Processed to Your Exact Specifications
Off-Line Coil Prep Station – Anti-Coil Break Roll – Tension Leveling – Parsytec Surface Inspection – X-Ray Gauging – Electrostatic Oiler
Our computer-controlled push-pull steel pickling line and in-line tension-leveling process produces the highest quality pickled & oiled steel possible. Since our pickling line shares a facility with one of our steel slitting locations, processing your entire coiled steel order is fast and efficient – getting you the pickled & oiled steel you need, when you need it.
Delivery of Pickled Steel to Your Facility
Located in Dearborn, Michigan, our steel pickling operation is located near major highways and waterways, and is accessible by rail for maximum delivery efficiency. Our material handling and delivery personnel will work with you to determine your best options with speed, cost-effectiveness and convenience in mind.
Need Pickled and Tension-Leveled Steel for Your Production?
You can trust Kenwal to ship only the highest quality flat-rolled steel, chemically treated to remove imperfections and ready to use on your manufacturing lines. Connect with us today to discuss your pickled steel requirements.
Pickled Steel Capabilities
- Tension Leveling: To 2% elongation @ 0.135 x 72” and 50,000 PSI Yield
- Electrostatic Oiling
- X-Ray Gauging
- Edge Trimming
- Anti-Coil Break Device
- Off-line Prep Station
- Stain-Free Rinse Section Rail Service
- Coil Over and Under-Winding
- On-site Toll Slitting and Metallurgical Testing
- Parsytec Automatic Coil Inspection – Top and Bottom Surface
- Rail Access
Pickled Steel Process Specifications
- Material: Hot Rolled Carbon Steel
- Yield: 50,000 PSI
- Shear Strength: 60,000 PSI
- Coil Weight: 70,000 Lbs. Max
- Min Footage: 450 Feet
- Coil Width: 24” Min 72” Max
- Coil Thickness: 0.030” Min 0.375” Max
- Coil O.D.: 80” Max Entry, 78” Max Exit
- Coil I.D.: 24” Min, 32” Max• Coil I.D.: Exit 24”
Pickled Steel Coil Capacity
- 900,000 Tons Annually